I saw this recipe on Pinterest and knew that I had to share on the blog! Cookie shot glasses with milk is a very ingenious idea.These would be great as a dessert at your next Christmas party!
Recipe and Photos adapted from: PopSugar
1 cup all vegetable shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a nonstick popover pan
2. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together shortening, brown sugar, and sugar.
3. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until smooth.
4. Stir in flour. The mixture will crumble, but will hold together when pressed. Stir in mini chocolate chips until combined.
5. Scoop mixture into popover pan and press to the bottom and sides, making sure to leave a hole in the middle for the milk to go later.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until cookies turn golden brown.
7. Carefully remove the cookies from the popover pan. This can be done by placing a large cutting board or pan over the popover sheet and flipping it over. Gently tap the bottoms of the popover cups to loosen. Let cool completely.
8. Carefully melt the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving for 15 seconds at a time, removing and stirring, until chocolate is melted.
9. Coat the holes in the cookie cups with the chocolate
10. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Serve by filling the "cups" with milk and enjoy!