Over the weekend I saw a video by the Sperry brand on how to tie a braid that would prevent your laces from untying. Curious to see if it actually worked, I pulled out an old pair of Sperry's and decided to try it out. It's a fairly simple concept BUT the video was super fast and I quickly became confused. Fast forward to me hitting play and pause, frame-by-frame to make sure I had the steps right. In the end, it worked and the laces have not come undone since!
I'm going to break it down for you today!
1. String the laces through the eyelets
2. Feed the left lace under and over the loop made between the eyelets
3. Repeat this on the right side
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 two to three times (depending on the length of your laces)
5. Tuck the ends of the lace behind the braid OR the tongue of the shoe (I preferred the tongue)
6. Stare in awe at your freshly tied laces (maybe even post a photo to Instagram!)
My first ever GIF! What do you think?
Will you try the Fishtail lace?